Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Night means Pulao(Rice Pilaf) Night

Just like Friday as Pizza Night .. @ Niwas Sunday Night is Pulao (Rice Pilaf) Night ...not sure how it started but I love Pulao and that too with yogurt is the best combination in this world ...I think every kid in India likes it .. although they might have different sides that they enjoy with ... I know some families enjoy Desi ghee(clarified  butter), some enjoy lentils and yogurt is the most common one I have seen.....The reason I like it the sweetness in peas and spices in lentils and calm and sweet yogurt make a soothing flavour in your mouth ..it's pretty much like sour cream with rice and vegetables in a burrito ...much healthier though :) ...It 's a quick dish and here is the recipe

Ingredients:
Rice 2 cup
Peas 1 cup
Onion 1/2 cup
Garlic 2 cloves
Oild 1 tbsb
Cumin 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Chili Powder 1/2 tsp
Curry Leave 1
Water 4 cup

Recipe:
Heat oil and fry onion, cumin seeds, garlic and curry leaves
Add chili powder, and fry for another 30 sec
Add peas(or any other vegetable you like) and fry for 1 min
Add rice, salt and water and cover and cook until rice is done
Add coriander when serving rice, serve with plain yogurt or clarrified butter on top of the pulao.


I am off to enjoying Pulao with my hubby ...yup it's Sunday and I enjoy eating my rice pilaf while I watch Celebrity Aprentice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment