There is no way I made this even close to what mom makes but I know she will be proud of me for trying and making our family favorite desert ........
Here is the recipe that I followed
Shredded Carrots - 4 cup
Milk - 4 cup
Sugar - 3 cup
Cardamom powder - 3 tsps
Dry Nuts - 1/2 cup
Ghee( clarified butter) - 3 tsp
Khoya - 1/2 cup
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute dry nuts and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in the same pan and saute carrots for 4 mins.
3. Add milk and let the carrots cook in milk till all milk is evaporated.
4. Add sugar and keep stirring till all carrot and sugar is mixed in well and its all dry.
5 Mix nuts,cardamon powder and khoya and cook for another 2 mins.
6. Most important step - Enjoy with someone you love :)
Did I inspire you enough to make it yourself ? If No .. do not worry I will keep trying via my blog ...:)
I am participating in Indian Food Palooza...an event celebrating Indian Food. so join us and enjoy the recipes from all lovely food bloggers @ India Simmer