Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Shopping: Namaste Doormat

Namaste - An Indian greeting ..... Sanskrit meaning  "I bow to you". Every kid in India is taught this word from the day they start talking , it's the first word you will hear when the maid or milkman comes to you house in morning , when you go shopping the shopkeeper greet you with "Namaste" and then they start selling their product ........it's a way to show respect and welcome everyone. In our house this was a "Good Morning " greeting  to start a new day and also when my parents came back from work in evening we would greet them and make a cup of tea for the whole family ...which lead to discussions on how every one's day was , some laughs, some discussion and a perfect way to regroup as a family in evening.

While e-shopping this week when I saw this doormat I said I have to share this with by blogger friends and I am sure you all will love it ... To welcome family and friends with this Indian touch is perfect for any house ....I can see myself walking in the house and smiling looking at this doormat ..........Hope you enjoy this find ...till we meet again in our next post Namaste y'all



Image Via: Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment