Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Garden 2011

Yup it's that time of the year where you love evening walks ... and you love working in your garden .. although I don't think I have a green thumb I am still doing a garden this year .. just because we had awesome tomatoes last year ...we did go a step further by planting little more and making our garden in the backyard ...

Here we have tomatoes seeds that sprouted last week ... I know I planted them so close .. but thats ok I think I am learning this year and next year it will be better

Check out the garden we started in back ... we have four variety of tomatoes seeds and cucumbers in there already ...


Our very low maintenance friend mint is happy already ....

and these are marigold that are sprouting .. I was hopping we will get come but lets see maybe they are still shy :)



and these are my favvvvv ...my mom planted coriander before she left for India and now they are almost ready ...can't wait to make chutney with mint and coriander ...

We also have 'Tori' seeds that sprouted I will take a pic soon and also will let you know what actually grew in our garden ....Are you guys starting a garden soon ?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Meenakshi,
    wish u good luck with ur gardening efforts.. I keep trying similar stuff in my little balcony.. container gardening.. but the temp and climate here doesnt favor it much. i have mint leaves sprouting, some very young flowering plants and a few corn/millet(i keep that in the bird feeder-must be a result of that) plants in there.. i love nursing my garden..

    ReplyDelete